Growing a Business
You have now started your business and the next step is to grow it. Here are my top 5 tips;
- When you receive an enquiry from a customer and you have replied then make sure you follow up. Following up is key and one of the biggest things I have learnt in business. I use a system called 4CRM where I can record my client's data and then task myself to chase them. We offer a free demo of 4CRM, so if you are interested please contact us
- Manage your time effectively. It is very easy to get sidetracked and distracted from that long 'to do' list so manage your time effectively by committing yourself to work in 30 minute blocks of time. Be strict and if for 30 minutes you are going to do emails then don't do anything else but this task. You can also download our Survival Weekly Planner here.
- Put time aside for Marketing. What many small businesses forget is that this part of business is one of the most important as without it you will have no customers. It is very easy to work in our business and not on it, so don't fall into that trap!
- Devise a strategy for your Marketing. Most business owners I know have never thought about a strategy. They haven't put time into devising their own content or thinking about their ideal client's and where to find them. Giving yourself time to think about your strategy will give you and your customers a better understanding of what you offer.
- Try not to get de-motivated. It is very easy in business to compare yourself against your competitors and your journey will always be one of ups and downs but try and concentrate on what you are doing and your own goals.
I was lucky enough to be interviewed from the lovely Veena at Mum to Millionaire about the importance of branding in your business. You can listen to the full podcast by clicking the image below;